Sunday, September 7, 2008

Profiles

I have toyed with the idea of going into a singles website and seeing who is out there with the same interests as I have. My problem is, that I tried that a few years ago when I was single before, and it was disastrous.

It's hard to find someone that is being totally honest in one of those sites. And it's understandable. It's hard for anyone to be totally honest in those sites. You have to sit down and actually describe yourself in black and white. Everything from your body type to your religious beliefs. And you have to go through the torture of finding just the right picture that is flattering to you. No picture, usually means "You don't really want to know what I look like!".

Now back to the body type. I'm sorry, but it is very hard to be completely honest about your body. After all, most women rely on black pants, girdles and spanx to give the illusion of being at least 10 lbs thinner. We shade our faces just right to make our noses look shorter, and to make our cheeks look thinner.

We wax, pluck, shave, lotion, dye, lift and separate, just to give the illusion of having natural beauty! Now why would anyone in their right mind expect someone who is willing to go through all that, to do something silly like tell the truth about their weight???

Do you know a woman who's license tells the truth about her weight? I want to meet her!!! I don't think she exists. Heck, the picture from my old license looks better than the new one, so I still keep it in my wallet. And I have pulled it out before. The clerk didn't even notice that it was out of date. I don't look that thin or that young! Should I throw it away??? No way!!! It gives me some sort of sick comfort to have it in my wallet.

Men do things like that too. How many times have you seen that a guy says that he is athletic and yet he looks like the only part of his body that gets a work out is his right arm on it's way to his mouth with food. Men also like to lie about their income. The ones that don't have it, love to say they are in the higher income ranges. It's hard to fool a woman when you pull up in your 95' Ford Taurus and you have white socks on with your dress slacks!!!

I like the guy I met once who said that he likes to look good for a woman and smell nice. First of all, when I got to Starbucks, I could smell your Old Spice all the way to the door. And looking nice includes the grill!!!

I guess there have been a few success stories from the internet however, I am a bit paranoid about finding true love in a website. I will trust God to bring the right man to me if it is to happen again. After all, he did a great job when he brought the last one to me. I think he really is the best match maker out there!!!

1 comment:

World of Wright said...

Good Post! I can't help but think maybe God is bringing a good one too you and you are too chicken to do anything about it...you know who I'm talking about!