Friday, September 19, 2008

Is it Car Trouble Again???

A few days ago, I was rushing to a retirement party for someone at our sister campus. I knew that the whatever fumes I had left in my car, would not get me all the way there so I stopped on the way to the party to get some gas. I was just leaving the gas station, when I get a call on my bluetooth from my boss to again, lettting me know that he would be running late to the party. Up to that point, I had the music cranked up in the car and the air blasting.

I turned down the radio and the air and took the call. When I was done talking to my boss, I happened to hear a banging sound at the back of the car. My first thought was, "Hmmm, What's that sound?"...

I then did what we all do when we hear a strange noise in our cars. I kept the radio down and listened more intently. For awhile, it was quiet, but then I heard it again. I thought for a moment that it might be the vacuum I had sitting at the back of the SUV. But it did not seem to be that kind of a noise.

Then, all of the thoughts start rushing through my head. Maybe the engine that I had replaced over a year ago is going out already. Maybe it is the transmission. What if it is a really expensive problem that I just can't afford to fix? God must be telling me to get the brakes checked out on my mothers car and start driving it instead. Each fear got bigger and bigger!!!

I was a mess! I was getting more and more worried about my car!!! Almost to the point of tears. So, I decided that when I got to work, I would call my mechanic and see if I could get the car in for an appointment to check it out and pray for the best. Once I had made that commitment, I drove to work, got out of my car, heard a friend behind me say "Good Morning!", and as I turned to say "Hi", noticed that my gas cap was dangling outside the gas tank. That was the culprit for all of my needless worry!!

I had to stop for a moment and think about how carried away I got with worrying about the unknown problem that I thought I had.

Moral: Never panic about the unknown! You can't fix what you do not understand!!!

No comments: