Saturday, June 18, 2011

A Mother's Love


We are not all alike!

We don't always show our feelings, but we always want others to understand
them. Sometimes we wear them on our sleeve. Sometimes we suppress them.
Sometimes we feel everything, and sometimes we feel nothing.

Like my mother, I wear my feelings on my sleeve. I get hurt rather easily, but I
try to hide it from others through laughter. When I do tell someone I'm hurt, it
backfires. I'm either made fun of, or told how I only think of myself.

Not all kids are alike either.

I have two kids. One calls me daily and tells me how much she loves me.
The other one never calls, and tells me how weird it is to have his mom kiss
him on the lips. I love them both the same.

So why is it that mother's are willing to get hurt by their kids over and over again,
and still have unconditional love for them?

I believe it is because our Heavenly Father does the same thing for us. He loves
us even when we don't show him the love that he deserves. He understands that
we fall, but he is there to help us get up. His love is unconditional and always
present.

That is what I want to be to for my kids and my grand-kids. I want them to know
that regardless of what is going on, I am always there for them, always willing to
help, and always loving them.

But that does not mean I will always get back what I give. I have to be willing to
get what I get and get over it. So, that is exactly what I do. I rejoice for the good
times and pray for the tough times. I cling to those times that make me happy,
and try not to get upset by the sad times.

One day, I hope my kids and grand-kids know that in the end, all I ever wanted
for them was for thePublish Postm to be happy, healthy and loving God. And all I ever wanted
from them was their love and respect!

Love Mom!

No comments: