Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Just Yesterday

Just yesterday, I could hear my mom yelling "Bonnie and Billy, get your butt's home right now!!!" as we played outside with our friends after dark.

Just yesterday, I was wearing a plaid skirt with a striped top because I didn't listen when my mom said, "If it's not in the hamper, it won't get washed!".

Just yesterday, my mom split a band candy bar between five kids because we couldn't afford to buy one for each child, but we all loved that candy bar.

Just yesterday, my mom was coming in the front door from work and saying, "I can hear that stereo all the way down the street!".

Just yesterday, my mom was sitting with me at FIDM, to discuss going to College, and saying, "If this is where you want to go to school, I am there for you!".

Just yesterday, we all drove to the chapel in the rain, and mom cried as dad gave me away.

Just yesterday, mom gave me five receiving blankets and said, "I made them bigger so they will last a little longer for the baby!"

Just yesterday, mom was holding me as we stood at my husbands funeral.

Just yesterday, I was holding mom as we stood at my Dad's funeral.

Just yesterday, I found out that my mom has cancer.

Just yesterday, I cried.

Just yesterday, I smiled when I thought of all my yesterdays with mom.

No comments: