Saturday, August 30, 2008

How Did I Get Here???

I am going to be 55 this year! Now if this had happened about 5 years ago, it would be pretty cool. I was single then too, but shall we say....I was a little more on the hottie side. I was always mistaken for being much younger and I could do just about anything. But these days, not so much!

And it all happened so fast!!! It's kind of like when you go somewhere that you've been to a thousand times, but this time you can't remember passing one familiar landmark on the way. This is the year that the senior discount becomes official. AARP is harrassing me with their annoying advertisements, and phrases that only my mother used to say, keep finding their way into my conversations.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't change one thing about my life. I love my family and friends, I have had two husbands that I loved dearly, I love my Church, and I love where I work. I just wish I were waiting a little longer to reach this milestone in my life!

WAIT!!! What am I thinking??? It's not like I'm gonna grow up or anything anyway! I'll be fine. Besides, Mandy turns 40 in 8 years. I need to be a good example and be strong!!!

Bring it on 55!!!

No comments: